Sunday, January 4, 2009

Big Freeze on Profits?

The cold weather looks like it is going to slow me down next week. I have just read that all the evening fixtures have been moved to the afternoon to compensate for the likely loss of the jumps racing. Whilst this appears a sensible move for most punters/traders for part time traders like me it means the next week is virtually a write off. Well this will give me a chance to look at a few other markets and just make sure I keep my patience and wait for the warmer weather.

As for yesterday I managed to trade 9 races for a profit of £38. I started quite slowly and had made about £1 after 4 races, then I caught a nice steamer at Cork and made £25 on that race. My trading then picked up and I was able to squeeze a bit more out of some fairly static markets. The most pleasing part of Yesterday was that I kept my losses very small, I had 2 losing races both only £1.50 ish. Losses are an inevitable part of trading but if you can keep them small then you have a chance of making some good profits in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment